Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year's Goals

For this semester, I will pay more attention to this class and not slack off on this class's schoolwork. Because Anatomy is not my hardest class, it was difficult spending lots of time on my other harder classes and leaving little time for this class. As a result of my slacking off, my grades gradually decreased. In order to reach my first goal, I will do the following:
1. Complete my homework on time.
2. Complete all of my classwork in the time given during class to do so.
3. Make a comprehensive study guide for each test.
4. Do not skip studying for any chapters, despite the feeling that the test may be easy.

For this semester, I will also play my current cello piece, Elgar in E minor, with full confidence and master. I have been working on this piece since the beginning of the school year, and I can mostly play the piece well. However, there are still some parts of the piece that are very technically difficult, and I cannot shift fast enough to those positions. In order to reach my second goal, I will do the following:
1. Prepare for my shifts earlier to prevent delay in the first note after the shift (especially in cadenza).
2. Track all of the tenuto markings and notice the differences between tenutos on different notes (how they change the mood of the piece).
3. Establish a mood for each change in phrasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment