Monday, April 18, 2016

Update #3: Moving Along...

In these past two weeks, I have almost finished my story and I have also begun on the first few pages of my book. While trying to finish up my story, I have discovered that many of the main character's experiences, excluding the LGBT experiences, are similar to problems I had earlier in my life, although mine were definitely not so severe. For example, the main character in my story has difficulty keeping up with her honor and AP courses, as she feels she needs to maintain very high grades in order to succeed. Last year, I had a similar situation, except I did not fall into depression, but instead tried to manage my stress through other outlets.
My setbacks have not really changed over the past few weeks. As I am trying to finish up my story, I am trying to leave out as many details as possible and simply keep the main events, because my story is already a decent length. However, I feel that if I leave out details, then the reader will miss out on all of the factors that truly cause depression; I am in quite the dilemma.
Although I said this in my previous blog post, I plan to make more progress with my physical book and make a final copy of my story to base my book off of for the next two weeks. I also plan to first draw everything in pencil before outlining and coloring my drawings, so I will finish a decent number of pages by the next two week check-in, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for managing your stress so well! I'm glad you didn't fall into a depression while you were keeping up with your AP and honors classes. I hope you can find a balance in your plot line so that is not too detailed but also not too general. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your idea seems really beneficial. I can't wait to hear about the finished product and i hope you can find a way to get the point across clearly while also making it the way you want it to turn out

    ReplyDelete